Explore the Parrsboro Shore with 20 of our juried, Atlantic Plein Air Painters!
Thursday, September 16, 2021 5:00 PM to Sunday, September 19, 2021 5:00 PM, Parrsboro, NS
Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival (PIPAF) is coming up in the middle of this month, and all of us at Parrsboro Creative are getting excited! If you haven’t already, plan your trip to Parrsboro to see the beautiful shoreline, watch the artists paint, and enter the Sunday Quick Draw.
PIPAF runs September 16-19. Plan to attend the PIPAF Bonus exhibition taking place September 18 & 19, the PIPAF Awards Exhibition on September 19, and the Quick Draw on September 19. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to take home a painting from one of these amazing Atlantic artists!
See our website for more information. www.parrsborocreative.com/pipaf-atlantic.
Due to the possibility of phase 5, we may have the opportunity to invite more people to the Awards Gala on September 18. If you’d like to be put on the waiting list for the possibility of purchasing a gala ticket, please click here to express your interest.
Here are ways you can get involved with our Plein Air Festival…
- Watch the artists paint Thursday to Saturday at various locations along our beautiful Parrsboro Shore, all the way from Economy to Advocate Harbour. Check out our map outside our office at 151 Main St, Parrsboro, we pinpoint the artists’ locations so you can find them. See our boundary map and schedule here.
- PIPAF Awards Exhibition – Don’t miss the one-day public viewing of the exhibition from the 3 day competition of our 5th Annual Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival, the Atlantic Edition with over 40 pieces available for purchase. Sunday, September 19, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Click here.
- Attend the Bonus exhibition for PIPAF Atlantic on Saturday, September 18 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM and Sunday, September 19 10:00 AM to , hosted at Art Lab Studios & Gallery. Purchase some great works of art from our plein air artists.
- If phase 5 moves forward on September 15, we may be able to invite more people to the Awards Gala. Get on the waiting list here.
- Enter the Quick Draw on Sunday, September 19! Our annual “Quick Draw” event is a popular, public painting competition open to juried, non-juried artists as well as hobbyists looking to try their hand at competing for small cash prizes! ENTRY FEE: $15. More details here.
- Watch artists compete in the in the Quick Draw in the core of Parrsboro from 12 – 2 pm. A special opportunity to purchase wet paintings! More here.
- Bill Rogers will be teaching a course on plein air painting at selected locations along the spectacular Bay of Fundy Shore from Economy Mountain to Advocate Harbour. Click here to find out more about this course.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media so you don’t miss any updates.